Revival Preparation Letter
Dear Pastor/Worship Pastor,
Greetings in the Lord to you & your church from Aten Ministries! We are honored to have this invitation to lead worship for your church revival effort. (Please check online schedule to make sure our dates are correct!). God sends renewal to us, if we are desperate for Him. After 21 years of revival ministry, we desire more than ever to see the church hungry for God’s presence. Sherman & Tammy, now travelling as the original Aten Ministries duo, pray this is your desire and for the Holy Spirit to already be working in your congregation & city.
This letter outlines all information needed to help you prepare for the music/worship ministry for the week. Please use our website, www.a10s.org to download any photos needed for your promotional materials.
- Aten Ministries operates through the prayers & gifts within the Body of Christ. We come to your church asking no financial guarantees, but we ask each church for a commitment concerning spiritual preparation, which involves giving & prayer. Our time with you could be routine & have no eternal effect unless the church is spiritually ready. Our financial policy is a love-offering, plus our travel needs; mileage, hotel lodging & meals.
Aten Ministries is 100% reliant on offerings from the Body of Christ.
- Hotel lodging will be requested for Sherman & Tammy-our office can make hotel reservations in your area prior to their arrival if you choose. If so, please recommend certain hotels near you and we will arrange for a tax-exempt, church rate if possible.
- Most churches provide for meals during the week. We do only request one meal per day if there are preparations planned; lunch or dinner (prefer before service, if agreeable with the speaker). We have some health/dietary requests & appreciate meals that are healthy, natural & low sugar if possible. If the church chooses to provide a meal allowance instead, during the week, that is appreciated as well.
- Aten Ministries provides all music & sound equipment needs for worship,
but can plug into house audio if necessary. We do request the use of a tuned piano. If early arrival permits, we prefer to set up on Saturday evening.
(Please inform us if you normally use a praise band and/or choir.)
- For our preparation, could you inform us if you have projection capabilities such as overhead projector/screen and/or projection software, or if you print words or what hymnal you use. (We presently use one large Powerpoint file and will email the show prior to our arrival; can also load via USB if needed. Show is built to run with Powerpoint software, but may be loaded into others if necessary.) As for Sunday bulletins, if an order is necessary for printing, please use the very generic outline below, but feel free to change as needed for your morning service(s).
Offering (or at end of service)
Message in Song
Message in Word/Invitation
- Aten Ministries would ask permission to make available a display of ministry information, books & recordings on a 6-ft. table or smaller in a foyer or similar area. We will not advertise products from the platform, but simply ask the pastor to make mention of their availability to those interested.
- We would appreciate knowing who will be speaking/preaching, a schedule of times, emphases and services for the week & directions to your church & city.
In March of 2002, a move of God changed our family & ministry concerning the area of revival. What began as a 5-day scheduled revival extended into 26! Prayer was the fuel behind this move, which came out of a desperate, hungry need for God to work. Then again in August of 2010, another move of God lasted 23 consecutive days; yes, these were both Southern Baptist churches. We wish to convey to each pastor that our “schedule” has always been in His control and subject to change if God chooses to do this again. It has been our experience that revival is usually already in progress before we arrive.
Until then, we covet your prayers & appreciate this opportunity of working together for the sake of Christ. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reason.
Sherman & Tammy Aten
To download a printable version of this letter, please: click here
Visit Tammy's CaringBridge Website